CREATING YOUR OWN FABRIC PALETTE
USING A QUILTPRO BLANK PALLET
date created: 10 August 1999
The QuiltPro Company has provided a "Blank Palette Template" that you can use over and over again to create your own fabric palette. This is a time saver so we do not have to use a current palette and run the risk of damaging it.
If you are using this template for the first time, this will be a two part process. First you must download the "Blank Palette File" and install it using the instructions in Part 1 below to accomplish this. Then you will use the part 2 installation to create a blank palette.
If you have already downloaded and installed the "Blank Palette File" then go to the Part 2 instructions for creating and naming your first blank palette within QuiltPro 3.
1. First Download the QuiltPro Blank Palette from the Quilt Pro web site by clicking on the following link:
2. Make sure you save the file to a disk and label it, just in case you have to re-install the file at a later date.
3. Disconnect from the Internet.
4. With the Floppy Disk in your "A" or "B" Drive, click on "Start" then click on "Run".
5. Type in "A:\" (or what every your floppy disk label is). Then click the "Browse" button.
6. Click on the "BlankPal.EXE" file name to select it. Click the "Open" Button
7. Click the "OK" Button.
8. When the "Blank Palette for Version 3" window appears make sure the correct drive is listed for where you installed QuiltPro 3. Then click the "Proceed" Button.
9. The Program will install a file called "A Create a New Fabric Palette" in your Palette Folder.
Installation is now complete you now have a Blank Palette
Template to work with.
1. Open QuiltPro 3
2. Click on File
3. Click on "Open Fabric Palette"
4. Click on the "A Create a New Fabric Palette" File
5. Click the "Open" button
6. A Blank Palette will appear on your screen in QuiltPro.
7. Click on File
8. Click on "Save Fabric Palette"
9. In the "Save Fabric Palette" window type in a name for your new palette in the "File Name"Box. Make sure you delete the "A Create a New Fabric Palette" title that is in the box when you first open the "Save Fabric Palette" window.
Example of names for your new Palette: "Hoffman Fabrics" or "P&B Fabrics"
10. Click the "Save" Button
You now have a blank palette to save your scanned fabric to or you can use this palette to save you fabric from the Internet to.
NOTE: You can reuse the "A Create a Blank Palette" as many times as you like to create a blank palette. Just remember to use the instructions above to name the new palette and to save the palette again once you have imported your fabric swatched into it.
Use the directions in Chapter 14 for scanning fabric. To make adding your scan or Internet swatches to your new palette easier and faster use the "Using the File Browser to Create a Fabric Palette" Instructions on pages 156 - 157 of your QuiltPro Manual.
RETURN TO QUILTPRO PAGE