PRINTING MULTIPLE COPIES OF BLOCKS
ON ONE PAGE
FOR FOUNDATION PIECING IN QUILTPRO
1. Open your block on the screen
2. The block will be selected automatically, leave it selected. This is key to duplicating blocks.
3. To size the block click on "Edit" and select "Resize to". Make the necessary changes in the "Resize to" window. Click OK.
4. To "Duplicate" the block, click on "Edit" then click on "Duplicate" or just press the "CTRL+D" keys on your keyboard.
5. A "Duplicate" of the block will appear.
6. Move the block to a different location on the screen making sure that it will not overlap the first block. As your manual states "Use the ruler to place the block within the printing area of your printer. Be sure to leave room for the 1/4" seam allowance QuiltPro will print around each block.
7. Make sure you do not remove the selection (a box with black nodes around the block) from this new block and repeat Step 4 to duplicate the next block. You will not need to resize.
8. Repeat until you have as many blocks as you wish, keeping in mind the size of you paper.
9. Next, you will want to number each block for foundation piecing. Use the "select tool" on the Tool Bar to select each of the blocks. Double click the "Select Tool" then move to the first block to be numbered. Starting just above the block in the upper left hand corner click and drag the mouse pointer until a box surrounds the block, release the mouse and a box with nodes will appear around the block, the block is now selected.
NOTE: Do not use the "Select All" feature in QuiltPro, as your manual states "each clock will not be numbered separately" if you use this feature.
10. Once you have a block selected click on "Effects" then click on "Number Patches". Numbers will appear on the clock.
11. Double or single click the "Select Tool" and move to the next block and repeat Step 10.
12. Now you are ready to print, click on "File", click on "Print".
13. In the "Print" window make sure that "Print as Foundation "Piece" is selected. Also make sure that "Selected Objects Only" is not selected.
14. As your Manuel states, "If you are printing multiple blocks, then select either "actual size" or "fit to page". I selected actual size.
15. Set the number of copies you want.
16. Click the "Print" button.
HINT: If you have a scanner, in the "Print" window switch your printer drive to your scanner printing driver (mine is called "PaperPort"). This will allow you to preview the print to ensure you are taking advantage of all the available space on a sheet of paper.
Back to QuiltPro Page