1. Click on Start. Go to Programs. Click on Windows Explorer.
2. On the right of the Exploring window under "All folders", find the yellow Program Files folder. Double -Click on it to open the folder.
3. Find the yellow Sew Precise! Folder and double-Click on it.
4. Double -Click on the Res folder.
5. Find the Zfabrics.prj file and Click on it once to highlight it.
6. Click on Edit in the Exploring menu bar.
7. Click on Copy. (You won't see anything happen, but your computer is copying the Sew Precise! Fabrics project into its clipboard).
8. Now, find the EQ3 yellow folder on the left side of the Exploring window and double Click on it.
9. Double Click on the Prj folder under EQ3. The Prj file should be open and highlighted.
10. Click on Edit in the Exploring window menu bar.
11. Click on Paste. The Zfabrics file will appear on the right side of the exploring window. The Sew Precise! fabrics are now in an EQ3 project.
1. Scroll back down on the left side of the Exploring window to find the Sew Precise folder.
2. Click on the Lib folder under Sew Precise.
3. Click on Edit in the Exploring menu bar. Click on Select All. All of the Sew Precise! Library files will become highlighted.
4. Click on Edit again. Click on Copy. (You don't see anything happen, but now all of those library files are on your computer clipboard.)
5. Scroll back up the left side of the Exploring window to find the EQ3 folder.
6. Click on the Lib folder to open it.
7. Click on Edit in the Exploring menu bar.
8. Click on Paste. All of the Sew Precise! Block files will appear on the right side of the window.
9. Close the Exploring window.
Each time you want to see the blocks in their Sew Precise! colorings, you must start with the Zfabrics.prj. If you open the Sew Precise! Block files in any other project, the fabric colorings of the blocks may appear all black. The line drawing and gray scale will appear normal.
To Use the Sew Precise! Blocks in EQ3:
1. In EQ3, Click on PROJECTS. Click on Open.
2. Under Select Filename, find Zfabrics. prj and Click on it to highlight it.
3. Click on the Open button. The Sketchbook you see will have only fabrics in it. No blocks or quilts. These are the fabrics EQ used to color the blocks in Sew Precise!
4. Close the Sketchbook.
5. Click on PROJECTS. Click on Save As..
6. Type in a new name for your project. Click on the Save button.
7. Click LIBRARY. Click on Block Library.
8. Click on the Open button.
9. Scroll down the list under Select Filename and you'll see the Sew Precise! Block files.
10. Double Click on the Library file you want to open.
11. Copy the blocks you want into your new project. New the blocks will show up in their Sew Precise! colorings and you are ready to proceed with your EQ3 quilt design.
BACK TO EQ PAGE