INSTALLING AND READING DESIGNER FABRICS FROM EQ-4 CD-ROM TO HARD DRIVE
1. Place the EQ4 CD in your CD-ROM Drive
2. Click on Start, the Click on Programs
3. Then Click on Windows Explorer
4. In the Windows Explorer window located the EQ4 Folder, then locate and click on your CD-ROM drive the contents will be visible in the "Contents" window of Window Explorer
5. Locate the folder titled "Dsgnfabs", this folders contains the designers fabrics for EQ4.
6. Point and click on this folder to highlight it.
7. Click on "Edit" then click on "Copy". You do not see anything happening but a copy has been made on the clipboard.
8. Now move to the EQ4 Folder on your hard drive, and click one time on the folder. This will highlight the folder.
9. With the "EQ4" folder highlighted, click on "Edit" then click on "Paste". This will create a "Dsgnfabs" sub-folder inside the EQ4 folder. This folder will have all of the designer fabrics in it from the CD.
10. Once the folder has been copied close Windows Explorer.
1. Click on Start.
2. Point to Programs.
3. Point to Accessories.
4. Click on Notepad or WordPad, either one will work.
5. When the word processor program is open, click on File, Open.
6. The Look In: box needs to show the Windows folder opened up. If something else appears in this box, scroll to find the Windows folder on your hard drive. Double-click on it to open it. Now the Look In: box will show an open Windows folder.
7. In the Filename: box type, EQ98.INI
8. Click on OK.
a. Click on Start
b. Click on Find, then click on "Files and Folders"
c. In the "Find: All Files" window type in "EQ98.INI" in the Name box
d. Click the "Find Now" Button
d. When the search is complete, point and double click on the EQ98.INI file that has "C:\WINDOWS" in the "In Folder" column. This will open the file in notepad for you.
BACK TO EQ PAGE